- If applicable, remove existing coupler bolt/nut and discard
- Determine mounting position of trailer coupler and slide the Kraken bolt plate though trailer C-channel bracket and coupler.
- Attach Kraken lock box in desired position over bolt plate threads (can mount upside down for clearance as required)
- Install supplied flat washers (2), then thread supplied lock nuts (2) onto bolt ends
- Using a 15/16 socket and torque wrench, tighten both locking nuts to at least 80 ft lbs torque (140 ft lbs maximum torque)
- Close Kraken box lid and lock (key can only be removed in locked position)
- Re-check lock nut torque periodically and during yearly DOT inspections
- Record your key number and keep in a safe place!